Dan Sheridan is an experienced communications and PR consultant helping to raise awareness and build the reputation of ambitious and globally-minded companies. Over the past decade he has worked across a spectrum of sectors, both agency and in-house in the UK and Asia.
Up to August 2018 he spent three years as Head of Brand & Communications at GBG, one of the UK’s top performing listed tech companies. From joining, the business doubled in revenue from £57.3 million (2015) to £119.7 million (2018) and today has a market capitalisation of over £1 billion. He led the development of a communications function to support this growth and develop the company’s profile amongst key audiences. Achievements included 'Best Digital Marketing Campaign' at the 2018 PRCA Digital Awards.
Before this, Dan was based in Singapore and led Corporate Communications across Asia Pacific for US-headquartered Polycom, the global specialists in voice and video conferencing technology. His remit included working with country marketing teams on their PR strategy and delivery, liaising with the San Jose-based headquarters including on global campaigns, as well as advising the APAC President on executive communications.
Prior to Asia, Dan was a consultant at Blue Rubicon (now part of Teneo), one of London’s leading corporate communications agencies. Here he worked on a variety of PR campaigns, as well as research and insight projects, for education, finance and technology brands including Pearson, Lloyds Banking Group, Samsung and British Gas – the UK’s largest energy supplier – as they diversified into smart technology and electric vehicle charging.
Dan holds two Masters degrees in Consumer Product Design and Global Entrepreneurship from Coventry University and is an accredited member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR).
- Advising on corporate communications, PR and marketing strategy
- Bespoke research and insight projects: identifying and understanding stakeholders, influencers and sector issues in order to inform business and marketing strategy
- Media relations and press office: both proactive and reactive to increase media coverage and awareness, as well as provide support to navigate challenging circumstances.
- Campaign strategy, planning and delivery
- Board/Executive communication and raising the profile of founders/CEOs and their management teams
- Overarching company narrative creation or refresh, and messaging development for target audiences
- Company growth communications, including funding announcements, partnership announcements and full spectrum of M&A external/internal comms
- Crisis communication support and issues management
- Internal communications support
- Interview and presentation support